Originally aired November 19, 2012 on Trent Radio.
“Israel vs. Palestine” vs. peace and human dignity.
Pre-empted my planned program after the shooting started in Gaza on the 14th. Managed to go for 15 minutes before actually getting to the songs I planned, that must be some sort of record.
- “A Decisive Conclusion is Necessary“, op-ed piece from the Jerusalem Post by Gilad Sharon
- Gaza Youth’s Manifesto for Change
- I Will Not Obey (Utah Phillips)
- Is There Anybody Here? (Phil Ochs)
- The Delinquent (Malvina Reynolds)
Correction: I stated on air that, of the eight authors of the Gaza Youth’s Manifesto for Change, 7 had received scholarships in America but were denied permission by Israel to leave Gaza to study. In fact, this was the case for only one of the eight authors.